1. Simplify communication and sharing using one team address Need to share the same information with team members across the globe? Make communication easier by creating a Groups email list for your team. Then, instead of emailing people individually, use the Group’s email address to send status updates and share resources—such as team Calendars and Drive documents—with everyone at once.
2. Draft and collaborate seamlessly in real time on team projects. Working on documents, presentations, or other projects with your virtual team? There’s no need to email files back and forth and deal with multiple attachments. Use Docs, Sheets, and Slides to edit simultaneously in real time, chat within files, and get targeted feedback using comments. Changes save automatically, so team members are always accessing the most up-to-date versions.
3. Hold video meetings and team-building events with remote team members Want to build stronger employee relations? If you work on a team that’s spread across the globe, it’s important to keep people connected. With Hangouts, it’s easy to meet team members anywhere in the world, at any time––all from a computer or mobile device. Join a video meeting to brainstorm ideas, work on team projects, hold virtual team-building events, and more. Now, everyone can stay in touch without the need for travel or expense and still get the benefit of face-to-face contact.
4. Coordinate project plans and schedules It can be difficult to keep track of team projects and schedules, especially with changing deadlines, last-minute task additions, and multiple moving parts. Be better prepared by organizing your team’s work and tracking completion in a dynamic Sheets project plan. Team members across the globe can directly update their progress in real time, without having to sift through everyone’s email updates. With everyone accessing and updating the same project plan, it’s easier to distribute tasks and manage changing schedules.
5. Stay organized with team calendars When a team is spread across the globe and operating in different time zones, it’s challenging to organize meeting dates that suit everyone. With Calendar, you can layer your team members’ calendars to see when everyone is available. You can even create multiple team calendars to keep track of meetings, trainings, vacations, and more. Now that you know when people are free, it’s easy to schedule team meetings or events.
6. Keep everyone in the loop with team announcements Want to communicate an important team announcement? Looking for a quick way to give everyone an update at once? Notify your co-workers about schedule changes or other important information using Groups and Calendar. Create a group for the entire team, then keep everyone informed and up to date by sending invitations, notifications, and reminders to the group address.
7. Store, share, and access team resources from anywhere in the world Want an easy way to securely store and share your team’s resources? Save all your team’s files in one folder in Drive, and share them instantly. When someone makes a change, Drive shows you what files have changed. Team members can securely access the latest files on any device, at any time.
8. Create a team site so employees can find the latest information in one place Keeping track of team schedules, project information, resources, and more can be time-consuming, especially if your co-workers are distributed around the globe. Build a Sites website where everyone in your organization—no matter where they’re located—can find your team’s contact information, project updates, roadmaps, collateral, and other resources in a single place.
9. Empower team members with virtual communities Encourage team members based in different locations to stay connected by creating a Google+ community. Now everyone can easily network with each other, share project ideas, exchange thoughts on best practices, and create a stronger sense of community.
10. Create online surveys to get helpful performance feedback Looking for a way to gain insightful information on your team members’ strengths and areas for improvement after a project or for an annual review? With Forms, you can create an online survey so everyone can get constructive performance feedback. Outline important areas of interest like workplace performance, communication skills, collaboration ability, and more. With the results you obtain, plan each team member’s training needs and development goals.