If I am applying for residency after living in Utah for one year, can my parents claim me on their tax return if I lived with them for part of the prior year?

No. If you moved to Utah for fall semester one year and are applying for resident status the next fall, your parents can not claim you on the prior year tax return.


Related Articles: