Lab Assistant: SUU Thunderworks Makerspace #23298
Engineering & TechnologyOn-Campus
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until filled
Work Hours: 2-15 hours per week depending on need and availability
Location: Cedar City, UT
The SUU Thunderworks Makerspace is currently open for limited use. Makerspace capability increases on an ongoing basis as more equipment and workspace becomes available. The lab assistant in the makerspace performs duties of a lab manager, but also works to improve the facility and increase its capability.
Makerspace Lab Assistant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the use of tools and equipment.
- Managing the makerspace schedule.
- Certifying makerspace users in tool operation.
- Developing safety protocols and training.
- Moving and arranging equipment in the makerspace.
- Assisting classes working in the makerspace.
- Cleaning the makerspace and maintaining equipment.
- Experience with power tools and hand tools.
- Ability to read technical instructions and operation manuals to learn to operate equipment.
- Can safely lift 50 pounds.
- Proficient with Solidworks, Inventor, and AutoCAD.
- Proficient with word processors, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Experience with 3D printing.
- Experience with 3-Axis CNC machines.
- Experience with laser engravers/cutters.
- Woodworking experience.
- Metalworking experience.
- Basic understanding of circuits and soldering.