Student Assistant/Editor to University Videographer #25367
Position Type: student hourly
Open until filled
Work Hours: 20-30 hours per week
Location: Cedar City, UT
Join our creative marketing team. As a production assistant to SUU’s videographer within the Marketing Communication department, you will have the opportunity to assist in the creation of university video content. This position will be responsible for the pre-production planning of filming university events, classes, administrators, and more to aid in marketing SUU. Other responsibilities include post-production video editing and may include operating a video camera.
This position will work directly with the university videographer as their assistant ensuring that a video shoot goes smoothly. The ideal candidate will have experience with advanced filming, editing, lighting techniques, and in-the-field production.
- Must have strong organizational and personable skills
- Experience with Microsoft office, excel, and Google office applications
- Must be able to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Must thrive in a collaborative team/work environment
- Solid knowledge of Adobe CC including Premier Pro, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Photography and artistic composition skills are necessary
- Ability to create and follow through on a storyboard and script
- Experience in journalism, marketing, and/or communications a plus
- Must be able to set up a shoot, lights, tripods and other various equipment
- Professional conduct at all times, many shoots are with upper administration
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing over 50 lbs.
- Must provide a demo reel and/or web link to at least three completed videos. Email links to TroyEdler@suu.edu
- If no demo reel is available, please provide a detailed list and description of three video productions you have worked on and possible links.