Constituent Services Specialist – Office of Governor Spencer J. Cox #32072
Governor’s Rural Office – Southern Utah University – Cedar City, UtahOn-Campus
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until filled
Work Hours: 20 hours per week
Location: Cedar City, UT
The office of Governor Spencer J. Cox is seeking two individuals interested in joining his team as a constituent services specialist. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work closely with various state agencies and senior staff within the governor’s office to best serve the citizens of Utah.
The constituent services specialist is a part-time position that assists with the many inquiries, comments, and requests received by the Governor’s office from constituents throughout the state. These inquiries range from simple comments or opinions on various issues, to more complicated matters where more in-depth case work, follow up, and coordination with other departments or state and local agencies is required.
Daily tasks include:
- Respond to email and voicemail inquiries by providing the necessary information or directing constituents to the appropriate state agency or local jurisdiction.
- Reach out to and coordinate with representatives from other agencies to help resolve constituent concerns or complaints.
- Assist constituent service director with tracking and reporting public input and feedback to the Governor and his senior staff.
The constituent services specialist will work under the supervision of the director of constituent services and the Governor’s senior advisor for community outreach, both located in Salt Lake City. The constituent services specialist will participate in weekly virtual team meetings to discuss current issues and common concerns. Easy and direct communication will supervisors will be available at all times to provide any assistance and support needed by the constituent services specialist.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive and professional manner
- Strong writing skills for email and letter correspondence
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills, including a familiarity with Gmail and Google Docs, internet research, social media