Information Technology Intern (IT) #32107
Position Type: Internship
Open until Mon, March 8, 2021 expired
Work Hours: 40
Location: Cedar City, UT
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 hour days.
Dates: 05-05-2021 - 09-10-2021
Agency: National Park Service
Location: Zion National Park
This internship is based at Zion National Park in Springdale, UT but sometimes involves travel to Kolob Canyons, Cedar Breaks, and Pipe Springs. Intern will work alongside two IT professionals installing hardware and software, providing customer support and trouble-shooting issues for NPS employees, and reviewing/verifying daily and weekly backups.
- Zion IT Help Desk Support: assisting users, resetting domain passwords, troubleshooting login issues, and general IT support.
- IT Inventory Management: Installation of new machines and components, removal of e-waste in accordance with the park's EMS policies.
- Database/Server Management: Reviewing and verifying the daily and weekly backups, software updates, and general Server support.
- Data and Voice Network Management: Monitoring the Data and Voice switches and routers, installing and repairing network cables.
Consideration will be given to applicants that have:
- Proficiency in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows 7 & 10.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good customer service necessary!