Aircraft Dispatcher #32131
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until filled
Work Hours: 10-20
Location: Cedar City, UT
Aviation is looking for a dynamic individual to be a team player as our Aircraft Dispatcher working with flight operations and liaison to our maintenance department. The Aircraft Dispatcher’s primary responsibility is to support flight operations to ensure the safe and efficient dispatch of school aircraft. Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in aviation courses at SUU.
Essential Job Functions:
- Control the release of school aircraft for flights. Ensure the safe and efficient dispatch of school aircraft
- Review weather, NOTAMs, and maintenance data to alert the flight personnel of changing situations
- Provide constant flight following of school aircraft
- Promptly advise the supervisor of irregularities or emergencies that develop
- Coordinate between the Maintenance Department and Flight Operations to ensure free flow of accurate information
- Adjust the schedule of aircraft to accommodate maintenance requirements of the aircraft
- Communicate with students, instructor and other flight personnel when adjustments to the schedule are made or needed
- Monitor and provide hourly updates to our web-based scheduling program, to focus on aircraft maintenance limits
- Greeting visitors and checking out/in visitor badges
- Ensuring ID badges are worn by employees, students, and visitors.
- Answering phone calls and directing as appropriate
- Office work, repetitive motion such as typing.
- Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags and equipment; can involve long periods of sitting
- Typically calm punctuated by periods of very busy and loud (when aircraft return from flights)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in the aviation preferred
- Some college preferred
- Intermediate level computer and typing skills.