Student Custodian #32133
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until filled
Work Hours: Evening hours - vary depending on area, but many shifts start at 6:00 PM or later
Location: Cedar City, UT
- Cleaning entryways, hallways, classrooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, track, fitness center, and offices.
- Cleaning floors includes vacuuming, washing, and moping.
- Cleaning and disinfecting urinals/toilets, counter tops, sinks, lockers, showers, and replenish restroom supplies.
- Emptying and removing trash from garbage cans inside and outside and disposing as directed.
- Dusting and cleaning windows, frames, blinds, vents, furniture, and mirrors.
- Cleaning areas above the head and underneath furniture/fixtures.
- Ensuring that all lights are turned off and doors are secured after completing cleaning duties.
- Assisting in setting up furniture and equipment for special events as scheduled by the University.
- Responsible for snow removal and application of ice melt during the winter season.
- Cleaning and maintaining custodial equipment used.
- Reporting any problems, damage, or building repairs needed to supervisor immediately.
- Requesting needed custodial supplies and restocking supply closet.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of custodial procedures, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment such as buffers, carpet cleaners, vacuums, etc.
- Must be customer-oriented.
- Ability to lift up to 50-lbs., bend, crawl, and/or reach.
- Understanding of English for general communication, video training, building security, shift occurrences, work orders, problems, and safety.
- Capable of understanding instructions both verbally and in writing, and able to listen and ask clarifying questions as needed.
- Must complete safety and equipment usage training upon hire.
- Must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours during fall and spring semesters.
- Must be thorough, motivated, and detailed oriented.