Help Desk Staff #32136
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until filled
Work Hours: Up to 20 hours per week.
Location: Cedar City, UT
At the SUU Help Desk you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and customer support to your fellow students as well as SUU faculty and staff. You will be providing entry-level technical support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. You will also be responding to technical questions, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, and implementing possible solutions.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming questions and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Provide support for open computer labs on campus.
- Answer phones and open support tickets.
- Respond to questions in person or over the phone.
- Ask questions to determine the nature of a problem.
- Respond to support tickets for people seeking IT related help.
- Replace paper in lab printers.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems for faculty and staff members.
- Walk customers through problem-solving processes.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure the issue has been resolved.
Note: You will be required to work some nights and weekends
For this position you will need:
- Great communication skills
- Great phone skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Basic PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge of tablets and smartphones
- Basic knowledge of printers is a plus
- Basic knowledge of networking is a plus
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting Mac computers is a plus