University Housing Summer Conference Assistant #32247
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until Wed, March 31, 2021 expired
Work Hours: 15 Hours per week
Location: Cedar City, UT
University Housing Summer Conference Assistants are responsible for the day-to-day conference operations of Guest Services, a unit of University Housing. This is a student, live-in, temporary position during the summer months only (May 7th, 2021 through August 24th, 2021). The position requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. Summer Conference Assistants report directly to the Community Coordinator over Summer Conferencing. This position requires on-call duty as well as significant evening and weekend work. Other summer time commitments, including classes, will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine hiring eligibility.
- Plan and execute all aspects of assigned summer conferences.
- Attend mandatory training.
- Attend weekly coordination meetings.
- Provide customer service to all conference guests and summer students, including associated on -call duties.
- Coordinate with conference planners and Events Services.
- Make room assignments and keys.
- Communicate appropriately with the custodial staff.
- Facilitate and assist with on-site check in/out for assigned conferences.
- Serve as contact/troubleshooter for conference groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the Summer Conference Assistant. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.
Successful applicants will be detail oriented, professional and proficient in using email, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Must have experience in customer service and problem solving and have effective communication skills. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions outlined above.