Tutor/Supervisor - Upward Bound #32306
Alumni & Community RelationsOn-Campus
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until Fri, March 19, 2021
Work Hours: 40+ hours per week
Wage: $2600 plus room and board
Location: Cedar City, UT
May 29th through July 8th, 2021
SUU Upward Bound is looking for Tutor/Supervisors for the 2021 Summer Program! These summer positions involve living in SUU resident hall to tutor and supervise up to 60 high school students from several high schools. Both male and female positions are open for the six-week summer component. Tutor/supervisors will work weekdays and weekends. All finalists are fingerprinted for a background check. Taking University coursework during the six weeks is discouraged.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Assist in residence hall, classroom, activity, and field trip supervision.
- Attend class, assist with classroom management, and tutor daily study sessions.
- Assess disciplinary problems and act in compliance with program guidelines.
- Work with other staff to plan and teach workshops, activities, and recreation.
- Perform other duties, attend meetings and submit paperwork as assigned.
- At least 20 years of age, and at least two years college completed, by June 1.
- In good academic standing.
- An energetic, responsible individual who enjoys interacting with teenagers.
- Possess excellent communication, social and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong leadership qualities, but also have the ability to function as a team player.
- Able to tutor effectively in communication, biology, math, English, psychology, and/or French.
- Able to live in an apartment of resident housing and work extended hours.
- Also important: computer literacy, tutoring experience, possession of a valid driver’s license, experience working with high school students, ability to work with a multicultural population.