Personal Training SUU Fitness Center #35186
Recreation & WellnessOn-Campus
Position Type: Student Hourly
Open until filled
Work Hours: 20 hours per week
Location: Cedar City, UT
- Must be a SUU student
- Preference given to Work Study.
- Must be able to work well as a team player and independently.
- Must demonstrate customer service skills.
- Preference given to students who have previous work experience or course work in Health and Human Performance or Exercise Science
- Maintain current Personal training, CPR, and First Aid certifications.
- Capable of interpreting and explaining fitness assessments (body composition, cardiovascular fitness, muscular & endurance and flexibility).
- Use Fitness Assessment results to discuss goals and develop training program for clients.
- Adhere to ACSM standards and guidelines to design program.
- Contact new clients to set up initial meeting and training sessions.
- Maintain all individual records including sessions purchased and remaining sessions.
- Serve as a role model and maintain a professional attitude to all patrons and co-workers on and off duty.
- Attend all mandatory full staff and specific area meeting.
- Take active role in all Fitness and Wellness special events and promotion activities.
- Other duties assigned.
Required to have taken 9 credits of upper division Exercise science course or current nationally recognized Personal Trainer certification from one of the following organizations: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), International Sports Science Association (ISSA), and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). Any other certification is subject to the Fitness Coordinators approval. In addition, all personal trainers are required to be currently certified in CPR and First Aid.