SUU Outdoors Rockwall Attendant
Recreation & Wellness
- Category: On-Campus
- Position Type:
- Open until: filled
- Work Hours: 20 hours per week
- Wage: $9/hr
- Location: Cedar City, UT
SUU Outdoors at Southern Utah University is here to inspire the SUU community to engage, explore, and experience the world-renowned landscapes around campus through adventure, leadership, and development. Climbing Facility Staff are responsible for the day-to-day operations at the Climbing Facility including customer service, equipment rental, equipment storage, and repair/maintenance of equipment. Rockwall Attendants must be outgoing, friendly, and enthusiastic about the outdoors. They must have good written and verbal communication skills, possess patience, and provide excellent customer service.
- Supervise check-in and check-out of participants.
- Enforce all safety guidelines, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor check-out and return of climbing wall equipment.
- Clean and organize all equipment and the climbing facility daily.
- Monitor the physical and emotional safety of all participants and attendees.
- Maintenance, inspection, and documentation of all climbing equipment and facility.
- Respond to emergency situations and provide first-aid when necessary.
- Facilitate participants and groups on safe climbing and belaying techniques.
- Facilitate and instruct current programs and clinics in climbing, knots, equipment, movement, and belaying.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a current Southern Utah University student in good academic standing.
- Previous indoor or outdoor climbing experience; can climb 5.8 top-rope.
- Understands proper care, use, and inspection of climbing gear.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Ability to work with all ages and groups. Ability to work autonomously and in teams.