This job posting is no longer active.
Student Custodian (Evening Shift - Summer)
- Category: On-Campus
- Position Type: Student Hourly
- Open until: filled
- Work Hours: Between 7:30 - 11:30 pm
- Wage: $10/hr
- Location: Cedar City, UT
- Responsible for cleaning entryways, hallways, classrooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, track, fitness center, and offices.
- Cleaning floors includes vacuuming, washing, and moping.
- Cleaning and disinfecting urinals/toilets, counter tops, sinks, lockers, showers, and replenish restroom supplies.
- Emptying and removing trash from garbage cans inside and outside and disposing as directed.
- Dusting and cleaning windows, frames, blinds, vents, furniture, and mirrors.
- Cleaning areas above the head and underneath furniture/fixtures.
- Ensuring that all lights are turned off and doors are secured after completing cleaning duties.
- Responsible for completing all assigned duties as directed, and capable of working without specific direction.
- Assisting in setting up furniture and equipment for special events as scheduled by the University.
- Responsible for snow removal and application of ice melt during the winter season.
- Cleaning and maintaining custodial equipment used.
- Reporting any problems, damage, or building repairs needed to supervisor immediately.
- Requesting needed custodial supplies and restocking supply closet.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires understanding of custodial procedures, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment such as buffers, carpet cleaners, vacuums, etc.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment.
- Must be customer-oriented.
- Ability to lift up to 50-lbs., bend, crawl, and/or reach.
- Understanding of English for general communication, video training, building security, shift occurrences, work orders, problems, and safety.
- Capable of understanding instructions both verbally and in writing, and able to listen and ask clarifying questions as needed.
- Must complete safety and equipment usage training upon hire.
- Must be thorough, motivated, and detailed oriented.
Disclaimer: Southern Utah University's Human Resources and Career Center act only as a referral service to facilitate contacts between employers seeking employees and individuals seeking employment. In providing this service, we make no recommendations or warranties regarding an off-campus employer's wages, working conditions, or other aspect of the job. We likewise make no recommendations of an applicant's qualifications or suitability for any job. Both prospective employers and employees should understand that we do not research or do any background check regarding either. This responsibility to vet, evaluate and qualify remains with the employer and applicant.