Orientation / Employment
The SUU Career Center is here for YOU! The following services are included with your tuition: Support finding a job while you are a student Preparation for job interviews * Help finding a job after you graduate
How to find and apply for an on-campus job:
Go to T-Bird Campus Jobs (located in your portal)Filter these jobs using keywords (department name, job title, etc.).
Click on any job you are interested in. You will see details of the job including description, qualifications, salary, and contact information.
Pay special attention to the description and qualifications for each job. These details will help you tailor your resume click the "Apply Now" button in the top right corner.
Complete the application questions (for help application help visit the Career Center, ST 204). Upload your resume and cover letter (Visit the career center, ST 204, for resume review).
How to find and apply for an off-campus job:
- Go to Handshake (located in you portal under "Resources").
- Click the sign in button using your SUU account. If you are a first-time user you will need to complete your profile.
- Click on the "Jobs" tab at the top of the page.
- You can search jobs by key words for by location.
- Click on any job you are interested in to find details of the job including description, qualifications, salary, and contact information.
- The job description may contain instructions on how to apply for the job sometimes you can apply through Handshake.
After you graduate Handshake will still be accessible to you to find internships and jobs.
Ask your ACE for application advice and resume review during your job search process.
The Career Center can also help you write your resume and/or cover letter, enhance your interviewing skills, or help you determine which major and/or career is best for you.
You can contact The Career Center with questions or you can make an appoint in one of the following ways: