FJ Management Impact Fund Scholarship
About This Scholarship
FJ Management Inc is a Utah-based private holding company that manages a diverse portfolio of petroleum, healthcare, and hospitality related assets under the guiding principles of Integrity, Mutual Respect, and Excellence.
The company was founded in 1968 by Jay Call, a lifelong fan of aviation, who named the company Flying J in honor of the aviation industry. Jay Call, along with his wife, Irene, and Richard ""Buzz"" Germer died while piloting a Cessna Citation en route to Sun Valley in March 2003.
In 2009 Crystal Maggelet stepped in as President and CEO of the corporation. Crystal Maggelet is Jay Call's daughter and her husband, Chuck, is CEO of Maverik, a subsidiary of the corporation.
FJ Management has donated several million dollars to scholarships and education programs throughout the State of Utah. The FJ Management Impact Fund Scholarship is available to students at many Utah Universities including Southern Utah University.
The FJ Management Impact Fund Scholarship will provide scholarships to three incoming freshman each year (a cohort) and will cover tuition and fees, room and board, and a stipend for books and educational supplies up to $8,000 per semester.
The scholarship will provide "last dollar" to the student's unmet financial need, after taking into account government financial aid received by the student, housing situation, and other financial aid available.
Freshman will continue to receive the scholarship for up to four years provided they continue to meet the requirements.
- Be a Utah resident
- Enroll in 12+ credits per semester
- Have a high school GPA over 3.5
- Maintain a college GPA over 3.0
- Fill out additional information in this form
- Be an incoming freshman and resident of Utah or acquire in-state tuition
- Complete the FAFSA (annually)
- Check-in with the FJM Scholarship Mentor 2-3 times each semester email@example.com
- Submit photo and personal statement to FJM Scholarship Mentor by October 1st
- Regularly meet with college academic advisor
- Have a goal to graduate with a bachelor’s degree within 4 years and approved by academic advisor
- Register for fall and spring semesters by the deadlines – check with institution for deadlines
- Work 500 hours each year, which includes unpaid internships (work hours can be completed during the summer semester)
- Major in a program with a graduating salary of at least $40,000 see USHE Graduates’ Workforce Outcomes https://ushe.edu/ushe-graduates-workforce-outcomes/
- Participate in FJM scholarship events scheduled by FJM Scholarship Mentor
- Send semester grade report to FJM Scholarship Mentor
- Maintain good academic standing and refrain from engaging in misconduct at the institution or in any criminal activity
- Final: June 30